join the Sound salmon solutions team
Environmental Education Coordinator (WSC AmeriCorps)
Apply by 7/15/2018
Join us for 10.5 months of service, beginning 9/16/2018 and concluding on 7/31/2019. Over these 10.5 months/1700 hours of service, you will:
1) Facilitate and coordinate support for in-class and field lessons about salmon, their habitats, and human impacts to salmon populations
2) Lead coordination of large-scale volunteer events (up to 100 volunteers/event), including program development, volunteer recruitment and training, and annual volunteer appreciation events
3) Represent SSS and recruit volunteers at community events
4) Assist in data management and analysis for education and volunteer restoration projects, specifically managing the volunteer database, education database, and pre- and post-survey evaluation data for science classes and volunteer events
5) Engage in partnerships between multiple agencies, and involvement in the salmon recovery planning process, including tribal, community and government entities.
- Monthly stipend of $1,307 before deductions and withholdings.
- Basic health insurance (not including vision coverage).
- Workers compensation coverage.
- Assistance with childcare costs.
- $5,920 education award that can be used for future schooling or to pay off existing qualified student loan debt (upon successful completion of the service term).
- Forbearance (temporarily postponing paying off a loan) of qualified student loans during the service term.
- Payment of interest on qualified student loans that accrued during the service term.
- Serving in a full-time AmeriCorps position qualifies as “employment” towards the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
This position is contingent on funding through the Washington Service Corps Program.
**We DO NOT accept applications through third party social media platforms i.e. Face Book, LinkedIn, etc. Follow instructions on job announcement.**
Please no phone calls or office visits regarding these positions.
Sound Salmon Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.